Storm Water Projects
Drainage & Flooding
Pollution Prevention
Fees & Billing
Storm Water A-Z
Print this PageSite Feedback
Who can I call with a mosquito complaint?
To report mosquito problems, call Mecklenburg County Health Department's Environmental Control Office at 704-336-5101.

Mosquitoes breed in standing water.  The most common places for mosquito breeding in Charlotte-Mecklenburg are dog water bowls, bird baths, discarded tires or other items in yards.

Mosquitoes are not as likely to breed in wetlands or creeks because the water is moving.  Even if the water is moving slowly, mosquitoes are not likely to lay eggs there.  If you have a mosquito problem, County Vector Control experts will test for larvae and help find solutions.

View more information about the Mecklenburg County Mosquito Control Program or diseases spread by mosquitos.​


Mosquito Inspection