This division provides services for and information to older and/or disabled adults. The division’s goal is to enhance our customers’ self-sufficiency and accessibility to available resources.
- Adult Medicaid and Food & Nutrition Services: Program to cover medical care and services for several categories of people who are unable to afford the costs of health care. There are several categories of Medicaid, each with different income and reserve requirements.
- Adult Social Work: Services include Adult Protective Services (APS), social work case management, caregiver support, guardianship, information and referral.
- In-Home Aide: Provides personal care, home management, and respite care to elderly and disabled adults unable to perform these tasks. This is a contracted service.
- Mecklenburg Transportation System: Provides transportation services to elderly and disabled individuals. There are several categories of transportation, each with a different purpose and customer base.
- Senior Citizens Nutrition Program: Provides congregate, supplemental, and home-delivered meals to older adults.