Food & Nutrition Services
- Program Description: provides monetary assistance to households with limited income for the purchase of food. You can now apply for Food and Nutrition Services benefits (FNS) with North Carolina ePASS online.
Simplified Nutritional Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Program Description: identifies and provides Food and Nutrition Services benefits to North Carolina residents who meet certain requirements such as to those age 65 or older who receive Supplemental Security Income. You can now apply for Simplified Nutritional Assistance Program (SNAP) with North Carolina ePASS online.
- Program Description: Medicaid is a health insurance program for low-income individuals and families who cannot afford health care costs. Medicaid serves low-income parents, children, seniors, and people with disabilities. Medicaid is a little different, depending on who you are and your situation. You can now apply for Medical assistance with North Carolina ePASS online.
- Program Description: North Carolina's Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program, called Work First, parents can get short-term training and other services to help them become employed and self-sufficient. Most families have two years to move off Work First Family Assistance. All adults who are included in the assistance payment must have a Mutual Responsibility Plan of Action agreement that requires the individuals to work or participate in work-related activities. These adults must complete all of the requirements on their agreement each month before receiving Work First cash assistance
- Application: you must apply in person. Completing the work book before you come into apply might be helpful, but is not required.
You may choose to fill out and bring the below forms with you when applying for public assistance.
ePASS is a quick and easy way for individuals and families to learn about and apply for available benefits and services. Online applications are available for Food and Nutrition Services (formerly Food Stamps) as well as Medical Assistance (Medicaid and NC Health Choice or CHIP). You can learn if you are potentially eligible for Medical Assistance by completing an electronic pre-assessment screening.