How Do I ...
Online Services
Public Records
About DSS
Economic Services
Services for Families
Services for Children
Services for Adults
Transportation Services
Partnerships and Contracts

How to File a Complaint
General Complaints and Hearing Requests 

If you have a complaint or would like to schedule a hearing related to a DSS program, service, or worker, please use the form below.

Discrimination/ Civil Rights

If your complaint is related to age, race, religion, or gender, you have two options:
  1. You may complete the online form below and an Ombudsman can assist you with completing the US Department of Health and Human Services Civil Rights form.
  2. You can print the form, complete it, and send it directly to the US Department of Health and Human Services Office of Civil Rights.

The State of North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services will Review the complaint and provide a written response upon consultation with Mecklenburg County DSS. 

Reporting Fraud

If you need to report a complaint with staff, service or discrimination, please click the Reporting a Complaint/Discrimination tab above and use our online form.
To report suspected welfare fraud and abuse in Mecklenburg County please call 704-353-0600 from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. An investigator is on duty daily to take calls and will investigate all reports.

If you do not wish to speak directly to an investigator you may call the Welfare Fraud Hotline at 704-353-0400. All information provided is confidential and you may remain anonymous.

Office of Consumer Advocacy and Consumer Complaint Form

Please indicate the program or service area that is the subject of your complaint:

Please indicate the type of issue:

If you indicated "other", please explain:

Please provide a brief summary of your complaint:

Printed from: