TAXES DUE on the 20th of EACH MONTH
- ROOM OCCUPANCY
- PREPARED FOOD & BEVERAGE
- SHORT-TERM VEHICLE RENTAL
Tax returns and payment are due each month on or before the twentieth (20 th) day of the month following the month in which the tax accrues.
ANNUAL REAL ESTATE, PERSONAL PROPERTY, AND POLICE SERVICE DISTRICT TAX
The tax lien or assessment date each year is January 1 st .
ANNUAL REGISTERED MOTOR VEHICLE TAX
- Taxes are due on the first day of the fourth month following the date the registration expires or on the first day of the fourth month following the last day of the month in which the new registration is applied for.
- Interest accrues at the rate of five percent (5%) for the first month following the date the taxes are due and three-fourths of one percent (¾ %) each month thereafter until the taxes are paid.
ANNUAL COMMERCIAL VEHICLE TAX
- Taxes are due each July 1st.
Need additional information for the above taxes or due dates? Please Dial 311 if calling from Mecklenburg County ( or 704-336-7600 outside of Mecklenburg County) or contact Tax Support Services via e-mail: taxmeck@MecklenburgCountyNC.gov
ANNUAL PRIVILEGE LICENSE
Taxes are due by July 1st for the entire fiscal year or from the day on which business is commenced for the remainder of the fiscal year which runs from July 1st through June 30th.
- All licenses expire on June 30 th each year, regardless of the date issued.
ANNUAL BEER & WINE LICENSE
- Licenses are due April 30 th and must be renewed by May 1 st each year.
ANNUAL TAXI CAB LICENSE
- Taxi Cab License tax is due January 1 st.
ANNUAL CHARLOTTE AUTO FEE
- The auto fee for rental vehicles is due February 20 th.
Questions regarding the taxes, fees, and due dates for the Room Occupancy, Prepared Food & Beverage, Short-Term Vehicle Rental, Privilege License, Beer & Wine License, Taxi Cab License, and Auto Fee for rental vehicles should be directed to:
Business Tax Collections