Mulch and Composting Facility
5631 West Blvd.
From I-77 South...turn right onto Billy Graham Parkway towards the airport ... turn left onto West Boulevard and travel about 2 miles. Turn left into the composting facility.
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 7 am - 5 pm; and
Saturday: 7am - 4pm
Residential, Commercial and Industrial Yard Waste generated in Charlotte, Cornelius, Davidson, Huntersville, Mint Hill, Pineville, Matthews and the unincorporated areas of the County may be brought to the County's yard waste facilities.
- Leaves (unbagged please!)
- Brush (unbagged please!)
- Grass clippings (unbagged please!)
Limbs less than 5' in length
- NO tree stumps; roots; sod; or dirt
Yard Waste Fees: (Effective July 1, 2010)
- Automobiles - No Charge
- SUV, Vans, pickup trucks, trailers (less than 10' in length) - $8 per load
- Pickup Trucks with built-up sides or Trailers greater than 10' in length or with a load greater than 2' high - $18 per ton ($8 minimum charge)
- Compactor trucks - $18 per ton ($8 minimum charge)
- All other vehicle types - $18 per ton ($8 minimum charge)
Please send your questions or comments to email