Mecklenburg County Park and Recreation offers a wide variety of running trails and greenways. All trails are open to the public during the parks hours of operation. For more information on the greenways throughout the county please visit Mecklenburg County Greenways.
Mecklenburg County partners with multiple organizations throughout the city to host races at parks, trails and greenways. For more information on hosting your own race please contact Preston Buckman at 704-529-3273 or Preston.Buckman@mecklenburgcountync.gov. Also, please review the required documents below for hosting events:
Special Event - Races - Requirements
Special Event - Races - Checklist
Schedule of Events
Below is a schedule of race events for 2014. Results are listed below.
- Fire 5K - February 15, 2014 - Register - Latta
The purpose of this Fire 5k is to raise awareness of Park & Recreation’s prescribed fire program and to educate neighbors and citizens of its benefits to wildlife and plant communities. This 5k trail run will take participants through recently burned wooded areas and prairies that rely on fire to stay healthy. Free interpretive programs and tours about fire in ecosystems will follow the run, and Smokey Bear will be there to meet the kids!
- AMON 5K - February 22, 2014
- Green Run - March 1, 2014 - Register - Reedy Creek Park
- The Chocolate 5K - March 16, 2014 - More Information - Reedy Creek Park
- Elizabeth 8K - March 29, 2014 - Independence Park
- Proceeds benefit the beautification of the Historic Elizabeth Neighborhood and the replenishing of Elizabeth's tree canopy.