Mecklenburg County > Park and Rec > Aquatics > Rays Splash Planet >
- The Mecklenburg County Health Department requires that all swimmers must wear swim suits. Jean shorts, t-shirts and 'street' clothes are not appropriate swim wear.
- On arrival scheduled groups will line children up outside. While children wait outside with your staff, a Staff Leader will enter the main entrance, check in and pay at the Front Desk.
- Groups are scheduled in the Splash Park. The Fitness Center is not available.
- If it is lightening the pool does close for 30 minutes from the last strike.
- Rain Checks will be issued if the Splash Park remains closed for longer than 1 hour, with your original receipt.
- The Splash Park closes for at least 30 minutes after cleaning in the event of vomit or defecation.
- Absolutely NO food and drinks are permitted in the Pool Area. Water is OK!
- Group Chaperones must be in swim suits and in the water with the children!
- For children 5 years and under the adult to child ratio in the water is 1:2
(for example; 5 children in the water = 3 adults in the water.)
- For children 6 years and older the adult to child ratio in the water is 1:10
(for example; 11 children in the water = 2 adults in the water.)
- Men, Women, and Family Locker rooms are available.
- All children must be accompanied by an adult through the locker rooms and throughout the facility.
- Children 6yrs or older must use same gender locker room or family locker room. Lockers are available for use, but you must provide your own lock. We suggest that you do not use the lockers because they are not secure!
- Do not leave any personal items in an unlocked locker. Take all items out to the pool deck area so that someone from your group can keep a close eye on it. Please rinse children off in locker room showers prior to swimming.
- Absolutely NO Wet bodies in the lobby area. Everyone must be dried off completely and in shirt and shoes before entering lobby.
- Please ask your chaperones to keep children quiet while in the lobby as we are trying to better serve everyone!
- Absolutely no outside food is permitted in the facility.
(NO BAG LUNCHES, SNACKS, CAKES OR COOLERS)
- We have a concessions stand available for patrons with limited seating.
- We suggest scheduling swim time before or after lunch and eating elsewhere. We have outside picnic tables available to ALL patrons, including the public. Reservations are not made on these tables and unfortunately rain cover is limited. First come, first serve.
- You can rent our classroom* and either bring your own lunch or have our concessions stand provide lunch. The room is $65/hour WITH a group swim reservation of 15 or more.
*Classroom is NOT available on Fridays & weekends b/c of Birthday Party Reservations.