There are over 800 lodging and institutional facilities located in Mecklenburg County. The facilities that fall into this category include:
- Lodging Establishments (Hotels, Motels, Bed and Breakfast Homes & Inns)
- Public and Private School Buildings
- Institutions (Nursing Homes, Hospitals, Assisted Living Facilities)
- Residential Care Facility (Group Homes)
- Local Confinement Facilities (Local Jails)
- Adult Day Service
- Mental Health, Disability, and Substance Abuse Facilities (Other Institutions)
Many of these facilities do not require a health department permit and are permitted by state agencies. The number of inspections per facility varies by type. Over 900 inspections are required annually for lodging and institutional facilities as a whole.
Regulations for these facilities can be found in the DHHS Rules.