Developing good habits at an early age and scheduling regular dental visits helps children get a good start on a lifetime of healthy teeth and gums.
The Mecklenburg County Health Department Children’s Dentistry Program welcomes new patients. We want to make sure kids can have healthy teeth now and in the future.
For an appointment call 704-350-7300. (Mecklenburg County Residents only)
Appointments available Monday-Friday 7:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Individuals under 15 years of age.
- All routine dental treatment except for braces and root canals on permanent teeth
- Preventive services include exams, x-rays, cleanings, sealants, fluoride treatments, and one-on-one education
- Dental screenings for grades K and 5
- Dental education for grades for K through 5
- Dental education and screening for Communities in Schools (CIS) at elementary, middle and high schools
- High School Tobacco Awareness Programs
- Pre and Postnatal dental education at Teen-Age Parent Services (TAPS) Program
Call 704-350-7300 Monday - Friday 7:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. for an appointment.
Note: Calling early is strongly recommended.
The following information is required at time of appointment:
- Personal identification: Driver's license, work ID, etc.
- Residence: Utility or cable bill, rent/mortgage agreement, etc.
- Income: Recent month's paycheck stub or tax return
- Insurance card