Mecklenburg County funds nonprofit services that contribute to the following target areas:
- Improve the high school graduation rate
- Train and place unemployed workers
- Prevent health risks and disease
- Promote financial self-sufficiency
Priority is given to services with proven success strategies.
On Feb. 28, 2014, grant focus areas will be announced and staff will be on hand to explain the County’s RFP process. The meeting starts at 10 a.m. in Room 267 of the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Government Center, 600 East Fourth Street.
To access the Fiscal Year 2015 Community Service Grant application,
All applications must be submitted by 5 p.m. on Friday, March 28, 2014 to be considered for funding in FY2015.
FY2015 Information Session Video
Information Session Presentation
FY2015 CSG Request for Proposal Guide
FY2015 Practice Application
To be eligible to apply for funding, a nonprofit must:
- Serve the residents of Mecklenburg County
- Have a 501(c)(3) nonprofit classification with the IRS
- Have independently audited financial statements from within the past year
- Agree not to discriminate against any employee, applicant or program participant because of race, religion, color, sex, age, handicap, physical or mental impairment, disabilities or natural origin.