If you are having difficulty finding employment, the New Beginnings Program
is the first step toward your new journey… the journey toward self-empowerment and self-sufficiency. Formerly known as the Displaced Homemaker Program, New Beginnings assists those who:
- have worked in his or her own household and have provided unpaid household services
- are unemployed or underemployed and looking for work
- have been dependent on their own income or the income of another individual or agency but are no longer supported by that income
ADDITIONAL SERVICES AND RESOURCES
- Training Courses and Workshops – New Beginnings offers a variety of classes, workshops and tutorials to address employment needs and personal barriers.
- Job Board – Whether you are looking for entry level or CEO positions, you’ll find it on our Job Board.
- Resume Assistance – Need help with your resume? Come talk with one of our resume professionals.
- Clothing Boutique – Can’t afford a suit or outfit for your interview? We will help you find the ‘dress for success’ look you need to get the job.
- Tuition Assistance – Come see if you qualify for our tuition assistance program.
What is a Displaced Homemaker?
Someone who has been out of the workplace or underemployed, depended on another income, lost her/his means of support, and needs to become self-sufficient. Single moms, divorcees, widows, and separated persons usually fit into this category.
A program of the Mecklenburg County Community Support Services Women’s Commission and North Carolina Women Work!