Listed below are the codes that are applicable to construction work in the State of North Carolina :
- N.C. State Building Code
- N.C. State Building Code Residential Code
- N.C. State Rehabilitation Code
- N.C. State Building Code (Chp 11) & ANSI A117.1
- N.C. State Plumbing Code
- N.C. State Mechanical Code
- N.C. State Fuel Gas Code
- N.C. State Electrical Code (NEC w NC amendments)
- N.C. State Fire Code
- N.C. State Energy Code
- N.C. Administrative Code and Policies
Contractor Licensing Requirements:
Projects whose cost is under $30,000.00 do not require a Licensed General Contractor.
Projects costing $30,000.00 require the general contractor to be licensed through the N.C. General Contractor's Licensing Board.
Electrical Contracting license required from the N.C. Electrical Contractor's Licensing Board
Mechanical/Plumbing Contractor's license required by the N.C. Mechanical/Plumbing Contractor's Board.
North Carolina Building Inspectors Association
NC Building Codes Order Forms