*Effective July 1, 2014 Paper Shop Drawings are Not Accepted*
The Mecklenburg County Fire Marshal’s Office has four core objectives that it meets providing service to the community, customers, and the county fire departments.
1. Fire Plans Review
2. Fire Inspections
3. Fire Education
4. Fire Investigation
The Mecklenburg County Fire Marshal’s Office:
· Serves sixteen Fire Departments that operate in the county.
· Performs routine fire inspections on commercial occupancies, schools, daycares and foster homes.
· Performs commercial and residential plan reviews, as well as fire alarm and sprinkler shop drawing reviews.
· Conducts fire prevention safety education for day care facilities, schools, healthcare facilities, hotels/motels, businesses, and general industry.
· Conducts fire investigations when requested by fire departments.
The Mecklenburg County Fire Marshal’s Office works with the cities outside the City of Charlotte, as well as the unincorporated areas in the county, and its services to these areas in Mecklenburg County as well as provides any service requested by Mecklenburg County Fire and Police Departments.
If you have any questions about the Mecklenburg County Fire Marshal's Office please contact us at (704) 336-2154.