How Do I ...
Online Services
Public Records
Notify Me
 Code Enforcement:
About Us
Contact Us
Staff Directory
 Most Requested:
Code Interpretations
Electronic Services
Permit FAQs
Home Internet Permits
Inspection Failure Reports
Plan Review Failure Reports
Statistical Data
 Land Use &
 Services Agency
 Code Enforcement
 700 North Tryon Street
 Charlotte, NC 28202

 fax 704-336-3839

Seasonal and Christmas Tree Lots

Guidelines for Seasonal (Halloween, Easter, Christmas Tree & etc.) Lots shall be as follows:   

1.      Owner or his agent may secure the electrical permit for the pole service.

2.      Pole service, lights, and associated equipment must meet minimum requirements of the National Electrical Code and the Electrical Utility Company requirements.

3.      All lights and associated equipment must be installed before inspection is requested.

4.      Light bulbs must be installed a minimum of  8 feet above grade or platforms.

5.      Conductors for lights must be supported on or by non-conductive insulators.

6.      All lights, receptacles and associated equipment must be protected by ground fault circuit interrupters.  (Examples of associated equipment are pre-manufactured building, onsite built structures, lean to, campers, trailers, and any other type facility.)

7. All bulbs must have a guard around each bulb.

Special Amusement Buildings (Fun Houses, Haunted Houses, etc.)
A special amusement building is any temporary or permanent building or portion thereof that is occupied for amusement, entertainment or educational purposes and that contains a device or system that conveys passengers or provides a walkway along, around or over a course in any direction so arranged that the means of egress path is not  readily apparent due to visual or audio distractions. 

Special Amusement buildings having an occupant load of 50 or more shall meet the requirements of Group A.

Buildings having an occupant load of less than 50 shall meet the requirement for Group B.

Special amusement buildings shall be equipped with an automatic fire detection system and automatic sprinklers throughout.

An emergency voice/alarm communication system shall be provided in accordance with Section 907.2.11 and 907.2.12.2 which is also permitted to serve as an public address system and shall be audible throughout the entire special amusement building.

Exit signs shall be installed at required exit or exit access doorways.

The interior finish shall be a Class A in accordance with Section 803.1.

See Section 411 of the International Building Code for detailed information.


•  For general permit information, please call 704-336-3830

•  For general electrical code questions, please call CTAC 704-432-4668

•  For Code Interpretations, please call Joe Weathers,  Electrical Code Administrator,  704-336-5379

Printed from: