*Documents and Inspections has upgraded our document retrieval system. Our system now has refined document types which allow the user to zero in on the right document more quickly. We hope you find this enhancement helpful.
Should you have any difficulties retrieving documents, please call Documents and Inspections (704) 336-3830
Scope of Services:
- Issues Certificates of Occupancy and utilities upon verification that County and City agency requirements have been met.
- Assures that Code Enforcement Division documents are available to the public.
- Guides customers through technical resources available to access documents and information, including our Internet applications, mainframe system, interactive voice response system, and microfiche.
- Schedules building inspections, provides job status information, and coordinates information between inspectors in the field, customers, and other employees.
- Monitors and provides official notice to contractors when temporary certificates of occupancy and utilities contracts have expired.
- Researches evidence of building code violations and expired permits as part of the due diligence process for commercial property transactions.
- Maintains an archive of commercial plans. These plans include all high-rise, government, and institutional buildings for the life of the building, and all other commercial projects for two years.
- Assists walk-in customers with locating maps and makes/sells copies of desired maps.
- Coordinates and maintains the Project Permit Master Plan Program.
Wendell Dixon, Core Process Manager