MecklenburgCountyNC.gov
News
How Do I ...
Online Services
Public Records
Departments
Carbon Monoxide
Facts about CO
Symptoms and Effects
Regulations
CO Alarms
Contacts
Safety Videos

CO Safety Videos

CO Video - Released March 2006

Video warns of operating charcoal grill and generator in confined space when two Mecklenburg County residents were transported to the hospital after an incident involving a generator operating in an attached garage.
> View video

CO PSA – Released December 2003

PSA highlights the dangers of CO and the importance of installing a CO alarm.
> View video

CO Video - Released July 2003 

Video highlights that CO poisoning is a year-round problem. Footage includes fire department response to incident involving 16 apartment residents hospitalized due to CO poisoning from a generator used to provide electricity to one of the units.
> View video

CO Video - Released January 2003

Video marks the 2nd anniversary of the ice storm of 2002 which knocked out power to many Mecklenburg County residents. CO is confirmed cause of several deaths in the county. To cook and stay warm, residents brought using un-vented kerosene heaters, charcoal grills, generators indoors.
> View video

CO PSA - Released November 2002 - English

PSA highlights the dangers of CO and the importance of installing a CO alarm.
> View video in English
> View video in Spanish

CO Video - Released January 2001

Beginning the CO Ordinance Process including the assembling the team, County Board approval, and getting the message out to the public. Video includes footage of a 1999 incident which prompted the process, involving CO poisoning in 3 town homes units from a running car in an attached garage. Four people died in the incident and three were hospitalized.
> View video



Printed from:

on: