911 for Emergency Assistance 704-336-2154 for info
Send an Email
Small Gasoline-Powered Engines & Tools
Hundreds of people performing many different tasks have been poisoned because small gasoline-powered engines and tools produced toxic levels of CO – even in relatively open buildings. These poisonings can occur quickly, even in the presence of what many would consider "adequate ventilation."
Fireplace and Exhaust Equipment Operation
It is common practice of many people to close bedroom doors at night. If the fireplace has been used during the evening, it is not recommended that your bedroom doors be closed for extended periods of time. The longer the fire is left to smolder, the weaker becomes its ability to have all its combustion gases go up the chimney. Carbon monoxide is a deadly gas that is at its highest production during the smoldering stages of a fire. If your doors are to be closed for extended periods, the smoldering fire should be removed from the fireplace.
Gas Heater in a Garage.
Note electrical outlets located close by.
Baby in Dryer Room (Gas Dryer)
This is probably not the best place to leave a baby for extended periods of time.
Gas stoves are perfectly safe if maintained regularly. The supplier offers this service with the contract.
Gas Vent on Porch
The window leads to the infant room. This family may wish to place an alarm in the infant room.