The Great American Cleanup (GAC) is the nation’s largest annual community improvement program that takes place March 1 - May 31.
In 2013, 4.5 million Great American Cleanup volunteers worked tirelessly to clean, beautify and improve 21,000 communities across the country. Activities included but were not limited to:
• Picking up an estimated 40 million pounds of litter and debris
• Beautifying 81,000 acres of parks and public lands
• Cleaning 8,400 miles of rivers, lakes and shorelines
• Planting 105 million bulbs and flowers
• Removing graffiti from 13,8000 locations and
• Planting 87,000 trees
Adopt-a-City Street volunteer challenge
• Clean up a field that has become an
illegal dump site
• Collect recyclable and reusable items on
The possibilities are endless -- the choice to make a difference is yours. So roll up your sleeves and have fun. Your efforts to improve your community will be a source of pride for everyone.