Organizational Development projects are those that assist in increasing the overall effectiveness and improving operations of neighborhood organizations or business associations. One of the most effective ways to impact change in your community is through having a well organized, committed organization. There are many benefits to getting your group better organized:
- Establishing strong bonds – It is important that neighbors get to know each other and build a strong sense of community and collective ownership of the neighborhood
- Solving problems together – A group of voices is always louder than one. If you focus your efforts on your collective goals, you will be more successful.
- Work more effectively with City services – Similarly to working together to solve problems, an organized association provides a more effective way to communicate with and engage with City services
Project examples include:
- Leadership or board training and development
- Membership recruitment campaigns
- Outreach tools such as newsletters, websites, meeting signs, brochures and directories
Organizational Development Grants are available to newly formed neighborhood, homeowner, and business associations at $2 for $1 match rate.
For more information about organizational development projects, contact Atalie Zimmerman at 704-336-4594 or firstname.lastname@example.org.