The City of Charlotte has long been recognized as a city of success -- from our natural assets and quality of life to our diverse economy, historical significance, entrepreneurial spirit and technological accomplishments. However, none of this success would be possible without the people who call this place home.
The time and energy expended by these volunteers are often overlooked. The winners for the 2014 Neighborhood Leadership Awards inpire others to take action in their communities.
2014 Neighborhood Leadership Awards Winners
Community Safety Ambassador Eastway Sheffield Neighborhood Association
Good Neighbors Award Bridlewood Community Association
Moving Forward Plaza Midwood
Embracing Diversity Eastwood Acres
Sustainability Pioneer Grier Heights Community Improvement Association
People's Choice Hollis Nixon
Eligibility Requirements for Nominees:
- Nominees must reside within Charlotte’s city limits.
- Eligibility is limited to neighborhood based clubs, organizations, neighborhood or homeowner associations unless otherwise indicated.
- Self-nomination is permitted.
- Non-profit organizations are not eligible.
- People’s Choice Award eligibility is limited to individuals. Organizations will not be considered.
- Activities referenced must have taken place during 2013 or 2014.
All finalists will be recognized. One winner per category will be presented a unique award at the event.