Bond Administration Service Fees
Land Development offers the Bond Program as an optional and premium administration service to the development community and is designed to ensure the completion of required public improvements. This fee is calculated to recover the administrative and staffing costs to maintain sureties posted.
Effective July 1, 2014, the following bond administration fees apply:
- Posting of a New Surety: $480
- Reduction of a Surety: $480
- Replacement of a Surety: $480
- Renewal of a Surety during first 4 Years from the Original Effective Date: -0-
- Annual 5 Year (from Original Effective Date) Plus Extension Renewal: $480
- Release of a Surety within first 4 Years from Original Effective Date: -0-
- Release of a Surety after 4 Years from Original Effective Date: $480
Note: A fee will be applied for each process. The review and acceptance process will not begin until the fee is paid.
Payment may be made by check (payable to the City of Charlotte) or via credit card (Visa or MasterCard) in the office.
The Bond Replacement Fee, the Bond Reduction Fee, the 4 year and older Bond Renewal Fee, and the 4 year and older Bond Release Fee can be paid online by using your VISA or MasterCard. To pay online, go to Accela Citizen Access (https://aca.accela.com/charlotte/Default.aspx), and follow the instructions below:
- In the Land Development Box, click on "Search Application." Type in the City of Charlotte assigned bond number for your surety. This number can be found on the invoice that is mailed to you.
- Click on "Fees." A screen will appear with your invoice.
- Click "Continue Payment."
- Complete the payment transaction.
For questions to pay online for a new surety posting, please contact Bond Administration at 704-432-0960.