The project scope includes:
- Design and construction of a new at-grade vehicular rail crossing installation of crossing structures or panels
- Sidewalk components within crossing and on approaches
- Top of rail elevation adjustments, centerline alignment
- Modifications to the Overhead Catenary System (OCS) to accommodate crossing, realignment or relocation of rail communication cable trough
- Roadway tie-in to crossing on either side
- Crossing signals, signage, double-yellow center line with delineators, and pavement markings
- Train control and communication modifications
- Successful coordination with adjacent developments
Please note this is the funding amount and includes all costs associated with the project such as planning and design, acquiring the right of way, utility relocation, consultant fees, construction, signalization, permits and landscaping. Additional funding may be identified after the planning phase.
On 8/22/2011, Council Council authorized participation in this project. A portion of the design and construction costs will be funded by the City through the South Corridor Infrastructure Program and the developer, WF Silos, LLC, will fund the remaining portion of the design and construction costs of the project.
Based on the total budget of $1.2M for planning, design and construction, the City will contribute 2/3 of the cost, up to $800,000 and WF Silos, LLC will contribute the balance of $400,000 plus any overruns. This financial participation structure will be updated and finalized based on final bids for the project and on the final terms and conditions of the Infrastructure Agreement.
For bidding information, contact Susana Vang at 704-336-3633.
The Engineering & Property Management (E&PM) project team will manage the Poindexter Rail Crossing Project through a four stage process. Click here to learn how City projects are selected, designed and built.