An Energy Project
This project installed electric vehicle charging stations in the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Government Center (CMGC) parking deck, as well as six other sites around the community. Charging stations are available to the public.
The contractor, Lake Electric, began installing charging stations in November 2011 at these seven locations:
- CMGC Parking Deck, six charging stations in the public area of deck
- CATS I-485 Station Park & Ride, five charging stations
- CATS Park & Ride at Mallard Creek, five charging stations
- CATS Gateway Park & Ride in Huntersville, four charging stations
- North Tryon on-street parking near The Square, two charging stations
- South Tryon on-street parking near Mint Museum, two charging stations
- South Boulevard on-street parking near Circle at South End Apartments, two charging stations
The project is part of the Energy Efficiency and Conservation Block Grant (EECBG) Program, funded by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act.
Click below to learn more:
Please note that the project cost includes all costs associated with the project such as planning and design, permitting and construction.
David Smith, P.E., 704-336-4626