1. Please be ready and on time and have your fare ready for the driver. Because of traffic, weather, and other unforeseen events, we are sometimes delayed, but you do not want to be the cause of further delays. We try our best to be there within your 30-minute pickup window; if it looks like we will be delayed by more than 30 minutes ... we will call you provided we have a phone number where you can be reached.
2. If you are to be picked up from a high-rise building, you will need to meet us in the lobby on the ground level at your scheduled time. STS only provides door-to-door service. This applies to the front door of all residences and other buildings. STS drivers will not come into your residence to assist you with anything you may need to do before riding.
3. If you use a wheelchair, and there is not a ramp at your home, someone must be there to help you up or down the stairs. All STS vehicles are equipped with 800 lb. capacity wheelchair lifts.
4. If for some reason you are unable to travel at your scheduled time, please call and cancel your appointment as soon as possible so that we can schedule someone else. If you do not let us know, we will consider you a "no-show". If you are a "no-show" four times in a two-month period, you will not be able to use STS for 30 days.
5. You will be allowed to suspend your subscription service for up to 15 days without losing your seat to someone else. If you need more time, and you let us know before those 15 days are up, we will give you up to 15 more days, but 30 days is the maximum. After this period, if you do not start riding again, your subscription will be canceled and you will have to reapply when you are ready to start riding again. Subscription riders who repeatedly cancel individual trips may lose their subscription service.
6. You may bring groceries and lightweight packages on board; the bus driver can help you with up to 4 lightweight packages. If you have more than that, we ask that you are considerate, bringing only what you and your attendant or companion can handle yourselves.
7. If you use a wheelchair and are able to do so, you may transfer from your chair to a seat on the vehicle.
8. How you behave on our vehicles is important, and we will refuse transportation for people who are disruptive, who pose a threat or danger to themselves or to other passengers.
9. If you are using a STS Monthly Pass, you must have it with you on every trip or you will not be permitted to board the vehicle.
10. You may bring personal portable oxygen bottles.
11. If you have a commendation or a complaint, call the STS Customer Service Manager at 704-336-6103.