The program works by designating a person within your organization to act as a liaison and coordinate transit benefit activities. The key activities of an ETC include:
- Encouraging co-workers to use commute options available at their site.
- Acting as the company contact for commuting issues.
- Informing CATS marketing staff about how your organization can be better served.
- Getting commuting information into newsletters, emails, websites, and hiring material.
- Promoting commuting events at organization locations.
- Arranging for CATS marketing staff to conduct transportation fairs at the workplace.
- Offering employees telecommute options and flexible work schedules