The following are the planned service adjustments for CATS services to be implemented on October 06, 2014.
Minor schedule adjustments will be implemented to the following bus routes:
To learn more about these new schedules, visit www.ridetransit.org or call 704-336-RIDE
1 Mount Holly
– Outbound trips to Callabridge Commons will continue straight on Old Mount Holly Road from Rozzelles Ferry Road to Toddville Road. The regular route to Uptown will continue to serve West Todd Lane. This change is intended to improve schedule reliability.
3 The Plaza
– The Cato campus will be served externally on Grier Road. Outbound service to Cato will continue out Grier Road to Rocky River Road and return via WT Harris Blvd. This change is due to construction on the college campus.
12 South Blvd
– The first morning trip will be slightly earlier on weekdays. This change is intended to help customers connecting to the LYNX Blue Line from the Route 12.
14 Providence Road
– Outbound trips will follow 3rd Street from Uptown. Inbound trips will continue on 4th Street from Queens Road. Service on Elizabeth Avenue will be discontinued. This change is due to construction of the CityLYNX Gold Line. Bus stops on Elizabeth Avenue will be replaced with Gold Line stations. Route 14 customers may access the community college inbound at 4th Street and Kings Drive, or outbound at 3rd Street and Kings Drive. Elizabeth area hospitals may be accessed from bus stops on Providence Road and Caswell Road.
15 Randolph Road
– Outbound trips will follow 3rd Street from Uptown. Inbound trips will continue on East 4th Street from Randolph Road. Service on Elizabeth Avenue will be discontinued. This change is due to construction of the CityLYNX Gold Line. Bus stops on Elizabeth Avenue will be replaced with Gold Line stations. Route 15 customers may access the community college inbound at 4th Street and Kings Drive, or outbound at 3rd Street and Kings Drive. Elizabeth area hospitals may be accessed from bus stops on East 4th Street and Hawthorne Lane, or Randolph Road and Caswell Road.
– Evening trips from the University Research Park area will start from IBM Drive and Hewitt Associates Drive. This change is intended improve customer access to weekday evening service.
34 Freedom Drive
– The end of the line will move back to Scott Futrell Drive. This change is intended to reduce bus congestion at the Ashley Road time point.
– Weekday service will operate every 45 minutes, instead of 60 minutes. The limited 30-minute trips at rush hour will be replaced with 45-minute service as well. Saturday service will also operate every 45 minutes. This change is intended to support increased ridership. There will also be two new trips to CPCC Levine Campus in Matthews. This limited service is scheduled around a new Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools program at the Levine Campus.
– The express trips between Westlake Drive and Sharon Road West LYNX Station will be discontinued. Westlake Drive will continue to be served on all trips. This change is due to lower ridership resulting from recent reductions in workforce at area employers. There are no other changes planned to weekday service. The recently added service on Saturdays and Sundays will continue. New service resulted from a recent grant awarded to CATS in order to serve the new outlet mall.