The following are the planned service adjustments for CATS services to be implemented on June 30, 2014.
These service initiatives are in compliance with CATS’ FY14 Transit Program. If you have any questions pertaining to the planned service adjustments, please call 704-336-RIDE (7433), or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Minor schedule adjustments will be implemented to the following bus routes:
– Service leaving the Airport will turn onto Wilkinson Boulevard from Harlee Road. The shelter on Wilkinson Boulevard at Little Rock Road will no longer be served. Customers boarding at Little Rock may instead use the outbound stop on Little Rock Road and continue to the Airport. This change is necessary due to Airport Entrance Road construction and the resulting traffic pattern changes between the Airport and Wilkinson Boulevard. 6 Kings Drive
– Outbound service will follow East 3rd Street to McDowell Street. This routing matches recent detours for CityLYNX Gold Line
construction. Outbound Route 6 will serve bus stops at 3rd and Davidson, and 3rd and McDowell. 25 Clanton Road
– Service will be streamlined to improve schedule reliability. Outbound routing will no longer travel Fieldcrest Road,
CrestridgeDrive, Scottsdale Road, Broadview Drive, or Caronia Street. Customers using bus stops along these discontinued streets may instead use bus stops along Clanton Road or Amay James Avenue. 45X Carmel Road Express
– Outbound service will continue past Charlottetowne Avenue on East 3rd Street, and will operate on Queens Road between 3rd and 4th Streets. Two bus stops on East 4th Street, one at Torrence Street, and the other at Queens Road, will be discontinued. Customers boarding at Torrence Street may use the bus stop on East 3rd Street at Cherry Street. Customers boarding at Queens Road may use the bus stop on East 4th Street and Hawthorne Lane. All other stops remain unchanged.
– The route will be extended to serve the new Charlotte Premium Outlets located off Steele Creek Road and Interstate
485. New weekend service will also be added on both Saturday and Sunday. Direct trips between Sharon Road West LYNX Station and Westlake Drive will continue to operate weekdays. Service will be discontinued along Brown Grier Road and Whitehall Park Drive. Customers along these streets may walk to Steele Creek Road for 55 – Westinghouse or to South Tryon Street for 56 – Arrowood. Customers previously boarding the Route 55 inbound along Westinghouse Boulevard or Steele Creek Road will need to cross the street for trips back to the LYNX. Existing stops along Westinghouse Boulevard and Steele Creek Road may be used to travel outbound to the new outlet mall.
99 Huntersville Village Rider
– Northbound routing between Northlake Mall and Huntersville Gateway will change slightly around Bryton Town Center (Huntersville Wal-Mart). Two stops will be located on Bryton Town Center to the side of Wal-Mart. Customers traveling to Northlake from Wal-Mart should continue to use the existing stop on the same side of the street as Wal-Mart. Customers traveling to Huntersville Gateway from Wal-Mart should use the new stop on the opposite side of the street.