Charlotte-Mecklenburg Utility Department (CMUD) is adding sewer pipes along Briar Creek from the Sugar Creek Wastewater Treatment Plant (Tyvola and Park roads) to Harris Boulevard. This project will enhance system performance, provide increased sewer capacity for present and future needs, and protect the water quality in Briar Creek.Phase 1
- Between Tyvola Road and Randolph Road.
- Began August 2007 and was in service summer 2011.
Phase 2 - Construction Started March 2012
Phase 3 - In Design
- Between Country Club Drive and Harris Boulevard
- This project is being designed.
- No construction schedule yet.
- November 2012 Newsletter
- Last Public Meeting was on January 24. Handout
Please remember that any area along the creek that has been cleared is part of the active construction site. For safety reasons, pedestrians are not allowed in these areas or anywhere on the construction site. Parents, please make sure that your children are aware of the hazards and know to stay clear of this area.
E-mail (please click on 'construction') or call the City/County Customer Service at 311.
To report an odor, fill out our online form.