Land Development Section
Responsible for the review of all development site plans for compliance with transportation requirements and to identify the transportation impacts of new development for mitigation by the developer.
- Reviews rezoning petitions for transportation impacts.
driveway permitting through the building permitting process.
- Reviews site plans for subdivisions (single-family and commercial) and multifamily developments.
Right of Way Management Section
This section facilitates the planning, coordination, approval and permitting of work within the rights-of-way of City maintained streets within the City of Charlotte. In addition, it is also responsible for assisting in the review/approval, coordination and implementation of
parades/special events within the public right-of-way.
Right of Way
- Coordinates the
- Coordinates the
encroachment agreement process.
- Coordinates the leasing program.
- Issues Right of Way Use Permits.
- Manages the use of the public right of way by utility companies in a fair and efficient manner.
- Treats the use of the public right of way as an asset management program.
- Reduces congestion and improve safety through work zones using procedures in the
- Improves communication with all stakeholders.
- Provides a central information source for mapping and permitting.
- Coordinates right-of-way use - less than 30 day program.
- Coordinates transportation issues in the planning and facilitation of special events and parades, design and construction of roadway projects.
- Coordinates with various City departments and the Special Events Committee to evaluate street closures and related safety, traffic control needs and impacts associated with parades and events.
- Evaluates routing, safety, traffic control needs and impacts associated with parades, special events and
- Approves and coordinates the
moving of houses, buildings or other oversized objects on Charlotte streets.
- Represents CDOT in
Emergency Management preparations.
Development Services Division Manager
Mike Davis 704-336-3938
Joann King 704-336-3925
Land Development Section Manager
Kelsie Anderson 704-432-5492
Right-of-Way Management Section Manager
Kruti Desai 704-353-1795
Encroachments, Abandonments and Lease Coordinator
Jeff Boenisch 704-336-3888
Special Events, Parades and Emergency Operations
David Christopher 704-336-3889
Right of Way Use Leases (greater than 30 days)
Bruce Horldt 704-336-8348
Right of Way Use Permits (less than 30 days)
Robert Staley 704-432-1562