City receives EPA award for USDG
- The City of Charlotte received a National Award for Smart Growth Achievement from the United States EPA for the Urban Street Design Guidelines. Charlotte was one of only four recipients of the 2009 Award (Click here to view the video
USDG featured in CSS National Dialog webcast
- The USDG was featured as one of four case studies in a webcast for the Context-Sensitive Solutions National Dialog. The webcast aired on February, 4, 2010. (Click here for fact sheets and presentations from the webcast
NCDOT Complete Streets Policy
- The NCDOT now has a draft of their design guidelines to implement the State's adopted Complete Streets policy. Charlotte DOT staff, along with representatives from other agencies in the State, have been working with NCDOT to develop the guidelines.
CLDSM updated with USDG Options Package
- The Charlotte Land Development Standards Manual (CLDSM) has been updated with an optional package of cross-sections that reflect the USDG. (Click here
to view information and engineering details about the optional package of cross-sections).
- Relevant chapters of the City Code, including the Subdivision Ordinance and the Zoning Ordinance, were amended during 2010 to direct how private land development will create streets.