When a Park It! agent discovers a scofflaw vehicle parked illegally, the agent writes a ticket for the current violation and then proceeds with the wheel lock policy:
- The agent radios to the Park It! office to confirm that the vehicle has three or more outstanding, unpaid and overdue parking tickets for a period of 90 days. The agent requests the total amount owed the City of Charlotte for all un paid tickets.
- The dollar amount owed the City of Charlotte is written on the Wheel Lock Notice which is affixed to the front, driver-side window.
- The agent then places a wheel lock on the front tire of the vehicle, opposite side of the curb.
- Once the current ticket is issued, the Wheel Lock Notice is affixed and the wheel lock is in place, the agent proceeds on their route.
- Scofflaw vehicles are not released to their owners until all outstanding, unpaid parking tickets for a period of 90 days have been paid at the Park It! office. At no times does an agent receive funds.
Towing Scofflaw Vehicles
- Scofflaw vehicles booted on rush hour designated streets will be towed beginning at 4:00 p.m. of the same day booted.
- Scofflaw vehicles booted on non-rush hour streets will be towed beginning at 5:00 p.m. of the same day booted.
- Scofflaw vehicles booted on weekends will be towed immediately.
- As with other tows performed by agents, a "Tow Slip" will be completed, and a "Tow Sticker" will be posted on the nearest pole or object stating the reason for being towed, the dollar amount of unpaid tickets owed and the location and phone number of the zone wrecker that towed the vehicle.
- For towed vehicles, zone wreckers are to receive the full amount owed on scofflaw tickets, plus any related tow fees, before they are to release the vehicle to the owner.
Also, see our Towing Policy.