The City of Charlotte Solid Waste Services (SWS) has suspended yard waste collection services for Friday and Saturday, January 25 and 26 due to inclement weather. On Saturday, January 26, SWS anticipates garbage, recycling, and bulky item collections to be delayed until 9 am to allow areas within neighborhoods to clear. Friday customers are asked to leave rollout carts curbside until they are serviced.
In observance of the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. holiday on Monday, January 21, SWS was on a one-day delay therefore Thursday routes were being collected today. If crews were not able to provide yard waste collection to those residents prior to the suspension of service, those residents will be collected next week on their normal collection day. SWS should resume its normal collection services on Monday, January 28.
Residents are reminded of the following tips to ensure collection:
- Trimmings from shrubs and trees must be no longer than five feet in length and no larger than four inches in diameter
- Yard waste should be separated in piles small enough for one person to carry
- Place collection materials curbside by 6:30 am on the day of collection
- Place collection items within two feet of the curb. Please do not block the sidewalk
- Allow three feet between your garbage cart, recycling cart, yard waste, bulky items and obstacles such as vehicles, mailboxes, phone poles, etc.
For more information on Solid Waste Services, please visit http://curbit.charlottenc.gov
or call 311 (704.336.7600).