FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Tuesday, February 11, 2014,
Charlotte, NC — Due to inclement weather, Solid Waste Services will suspend garbage, recycling, yard waste and bulky waste collections for Wednesday, February 12, 2014. Residents scheduled for collection on Wednesday are advised to keep their rollout carts curbside until they are serviced. Yard waste collection is suspended for the remainder of the week and will resume on a regular collection schedule on Monday, February 17.
Residents are reminded of the following tips to ensure collection:
- Bag all garbage before placing it in the garbage rollout cart. Do not overfill the cart.
Remove food/liquid residue and lids from all recyclable containers before placing them in the recycling cart. Do not bag recyclables.
- Trimmings from shrubs and trees must be no longer than five feet in length and no larger than four inches in diameter.
- Place leaves in untied plastic bags or uncovered trash cans (not City-issued carts).
- Place collection materials curbside by 6:30 am on collection day. Rollout carts must be removed from curbside by midnight the same day.
- Place collection items within six feet of the curb. Please do not block the sidewalk.
For more information, please visit http://curbit.charlottenc.gov or call 311 (704.336.7600).