How To Prepare Recyclables For Collection:
- Rinse and remove all food/liquid residue from recyclable items.
- Do not bag recyclables. Place recyclables loosely in the recycling cart. Do not overfill the recycling cart. The cart lid must be closed.
- Place the recycling cart at the curb no sooner than the day before your scheduled collection day and no later than 6:30 am on collection day.
- Place the recycling cart within six feet of the curb and at least three feet away from the garbage rollout cart, yard waste and bulky waste. Make sure it's also three feet away from obstacles such as mailboxes, phone poles, vehicles, etc. Please do not block sidewalks.
- The recycling cart must be removed from the curb by midnight on the day of collection. A minimum $50 citation may be issued if you place the recycling cart out sooner than the day before your scheduled collection or leave it at the curb past midnight on your collection day.
Additional Recycling Carts
Need a second recycling cart? Call 311 (704.336.7600) to order a second recycling cart. The price for the additional cart is $40.
The second recycling cart will have a different color lid which will easily identify it as a second cart. Collection service for two recycling carts will only be provided to residences with a primary recycling cart and identified second recycling cart.
Red Bin Recycling
Solid Waste Services no longer collects recyclables from red bins or non-City issued containers. Using a 95-gallon, green, City-issued rollout cart is the only way to receive curbside recycling collection. If you do not have a rollout cart, contact CharMeck 311 (704.336.7600) to request a rollout cart. You may use your red bin in your home, just do not place them at the curb.