FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Friday, August 24, 2012
Contact: Lee Davis, Public Affairs Manager
Due to the anticipated increase in vehicle traffic during the DNC, CLT will implement alternative traffic routes on Saturday, September 1; Sunday, September 2 and Friday, September 7.
For the convenience of our customers and to improve traffic flow, Charlotte Douglas is making the following changes:
Saturday, September 1 and Sunday, September 2
- CLT will direct commercial ground transportation vehicles to the lower level (Arrivals/Baggage) and personal vehicles to the upper level (Departures/Ticketing) for drop-off and pick-up.
- CLT’s Cell Phone Lot will be relocated to 5535 Wilkinson Boulevard, Charlotte, NC 28208 (across the street from Business Valet). Drivers may enter the lot off Harlee Avenue. See map.
Monday, September 3 – Thursday, September 6
Normal traffic routes will be in place.
On Friday, September 7
CLT will direct commercial ground transportation vehicles to the upper level (Departures/Ticketing) and personal vehicles to the lower level (Arrivals/Baggage) for drop-off and pick-up.
The Airport will have additional staff stationed at key points to assist with directing traffic. Temporary electronic message signs will be placed in various locations along the roadways into and exiting the Airport to help drivers with the changes. CLT also will broadcast traffic route details on Airport Radio 1610 AM.
Tips for air travelers during the DNC
- Passengers traveling through CLT during the DNC should prepare as they would for holiday travel.
- Be patient, plan ahead.
- Allow extra time to arrive and get settled before your flight.
- To save time, travelers are encouraged to print their boarding passes before leaving their homes or hotels.
- For those driving to and from the Airport, don’t expect to follow the normal route. Read the temporary signs when they are activated. Trust what they say and follow them.
- Parking will be available, however, passengers may be asked to park in a different lot or deck than they are accustomed.
Visit cltairport.com and CLT’s Facebook and Twitter pages for the latest updates in parking, traffic routes and passenger traffic. The Airport’s electronic message boards and Airport Radio 1610 AM will also contain current information.