|The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Government Center (CMGC) is located in the government district of uptown’s second ward, at 600 E. Fourth Street, Charlotte NC. View a map of the Government Center and surrounding area.
Parking for visitors to CMGC can be found in the adjacent parking deck, accessible from Davidson Street. If the deck is full, on-street parking and other pay lots are in close proximity.
Media vehicles may use the circle drive entrance on Fourth Street; see below for more details.
Visitors may call the CMGC Control Room 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 704-336-4535 with questions.
For members of the media wishing to park in the Government Center circle along Fourth Street (not those who wish to park in the Davidson Street parking deck
- All vehicles must have exterior markings that identify the media outlet; a card on the interior dashboard is not satisfactory.
- Vehicles must be parked only in the reserved/marked spaces in the circle closest to Fourth Street.
- Government Center security enforces the parking ordinances. If a vehicle without a placard is parked in the wrong space or does not have exterior vehicle identification, it will be ticketed.
- Media outlets providing live feeds will receive priority parking.
- Media advisory updates will include parking information for other City facilities as needed.