Welcome to the website for the City of Charlotte Finance Department. Finance is responsible for maintaining the City's general ledger, billing and collection of utility payments, accounts payable and receivable, issuing bonds, forecasting tax and other revenue receipts, insurance and risk mitigation services for Charlotte, Mecklenburg County and Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools, and managing the City's investment portfolio.
On this site you can:
- Learn how to pay your water/stormwater utility bill and ways to make paying easier
- Find financial documents relating to the City of Charlotte
- Learn how to file a claim with the City for property damage or personal injury
- Learn about the various divisions within Finance and the roles they play
- Find links to organizations outside of Finance and the City that have a role in City finances