Charlotte's Future
Citizen Service
Print this PageSite Feedback
Citizens Claim Service Center

​​​​​​Risk Management is now part of Management & Financial Services (MFS). Content on this site will no longer be updated, so please change your bookmarks to MFS's Office of Risk Management​

​If you have been involved in an accident and /or wish to file a claim against the City, County or Board of Education, it is necessary to submit a written claim. Please complete one of the forms below and FAX or mail it to the Risk Management Division as directed on the form. Upon receipt of the claim, a Claims Representative will contact you. However, an investigation must be conducted into the claim before a final decision on liability and /or payment(s) will be made. This process can take 4- 6 weeks depending upon the nature of your claim.

Special Note 
Sole authority to settle and/or pay claims rest with the Governing authorities and select personnel of the Risk Management Division. Employees are not authorized to determine liability or obligate the City, County or Board of Education for payment of a claim. Therefore, the Risk Management Division will not be obligated to provide any payment(s) toward a claim based on statements of employees prior to completion of an investigation into the claim. 
Thank you for your patience and cooperation in this matter.

You may contact Risk Management at :

301 S. McDowell St, Suite 1100, Charlotte, NC 28204-2640  
Our phone number is  (704) 336-3301.
Our FAX number is (704) 336-7548. TTY (704) 336-5943 (for hearing impaired).

Property/Casualty Claims Manager
Tammy Bednarik

Claim Forms:
General Liability Claim Form - Use when individuals are injured or property is damaged due to actions of the City of Charlotte, Mecklenburg County or the Board of Education. 
Vehicle Claim Form - Use to report accidents or incidents involving vehicles owned by the City of Charlotte, Mecklenburg County or the Board of Education.
Medicare Beneficiary Information Request Form - Use to provide us information in accordance with MMSEA Section 111.

Note: you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and print these forms: