Patsy Kinsey, a Democrat, was first elected in 2003 and is serving her fifth term on Council. She chairs the Housing and Neighborhood Development Committee and is a member of the Council-Manager Relations and Transportation and Planning Committees.
She is the Council representative to the Discovery Place Board of Directors as well as the Centralina Council of Governments (COG) Executive Board, where she serves as secretary. She also serves on the Board of Charlotte Center City Partners.
Kinsey served on the Mecklenburg County Board of Commissioners from 1990 to 1994. She has also served on the board of the North Carolina Association of County Commissioners, the Executive Board of the Central Council of Governments , and the North Carolina Child Fatality Task Force. She was a member of the Mecklenburg County ABC Board, the Mecklenburg County Alliance of Excellence in Justice, the Charlotte Mecklenburg Landmarks Commission, and the City of Charlotte Historic District Commission.
Kinsey has served in the following organizations:
- Public Library of Charlotte and Mecklenburg County, chair of board of trustees
- Mental health Association, president
- YWCA, president
- Criminal Justice Partnership Advisory Board, chair
- North Carolina Chapter of the March of Dimes, secretery
- United Family Services, board member
- Levine Museum of the New South, board member
- YMCA - Harris Branch, board member
She is a graduate of Charlotte Central High School, and has three grown children and three grandchildren. Contact Patsy Kinsey
2334 Greenway Avenue
Charlotte, NC 28204
Phone: 704-336-3432 or 704-376-5367
Related Links:City Council Focus Area Plans