Charlotte's Future
Citizen Service
Print this PageSite Feedback
Forms and Applications
Form for the citizen to officially protest a rezoning petition filed through the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Planning Commission.  Rezoning petitions are for property in the city limits of Charlotte or extra-territorial jurisdictions (not county rezonings).  See instructions on form for eligibility.
Forms to initiate the process of voluntary annexation are filed with the Office of the City Clerk.  Owners of land areas bordering the City of Charlotte may voluntarily request their property to be annexed into the city limits.   
If you want the Word document emailed to you, please call the City Clerk's office  at 704-336-2248.
More information on annexation
Application for the citizen to initiate the process for staff evaluation and City Council approval to erect a public monument or plaque.                                                                                                                       

Application for License to Conduct Closing-out Sale, Fire Sale or Other Distress Sale
This form applies to those business that application for license to conduct closing-out sale, fire sale or other distress sale pursuant to N.C.G.S. ยง66-77 in the City of Charlotte, N.C.
Form to request research and/ or records of the City of Charlotte's official records, including legislative actions, minutes, and a variety of other public documents.
Form to sign up to address the City Council during their meetings.
Click here for more information about speaking at a Council Meeting, including official rules of procedure.
The City Clerk's Office is responsible for making the these forms available to the public.  The forms are submitted to the City Clerk upon completion.  Some forms or applications are in pdf format and will have individual instructions attached.  Please contact the City Clerk if you have any difficulty accessing any forms or applications at 704-336-2248.