Report A Crime
Our Organization
Our Response Areas
For Your Safety
Our Newsroom
Print this PageSite Feedback
Can I Get Started Gathering Documents To Complete My Application Packet?

Yes.  Applicants that pass the Darany Entry Level Police Officer Examination (DELPOE), and the Job Related Physical Ability Test (JRPAT), will receive an application packet in the mail to complete.  Some of the items are listed below for applicants to begin gathering. 

You will include all of these documents in your application packet when you return it to the Recruitment Section:

1.    Color photo of yourself, head and shoulders (5x7 or a passport photo)

2.    Birth Certificate  (1 Photo Copy)

3.    Driver's License  (1 Photo Copy)

4.    Social Security Card  (2 Photo Copies).  Must be a photocopied from the original card.  Copies of metal cards are not acceptable.

5.    High School Diploma or GED Certificate with individual test scores. (1 Photo Copy)

6.    College Diploma  (1 Photo Copy)

7.    Marriage Certificate  (1 Photo Copy)

8.    Divorce Decree  (1 Photo Copy)

9.    Selective Service Registration Card  (1 Photo Copy) for all male applicants between the ages of 18 and 25, regardless of military service.  If you have lost your card or have not registered, please visit the Selective Service System web site or call 847-688-6888.

10.  Military Discharge Form DD-214 (1 Photo Copy) showing type of discharge

11.  Naturalization Papers (1 Photo Copy) if you are a Naturalized U.S. Citizen

12.  High School Transcript (1 Certified, Original Copy)

13.  College Transcript  (1 Certified, Original Copy)


Important:  Applicants that have been issued a citation, a criminal summons, or arrested for any criminal offense need to include certified court documents related to the offense along with copies of any associated documents such as Police Reports, arrest reports, citations, summons…etc.  These documents are required by the North Carolina Training and Standards Bureau for certification purposes.  Court documents can be obtained from the Clerk of Court in the County where the offense occurred.  Associated documents can be obtained from the charging agency.

What Else Should I Include?

When completing your application, please remember to:

  • Include all of your residences since the age of 16 
  • Include every employer for whom you have worked for the last 15 years, even if the business is now closed
  • Have the Application Booklet (F-3) and the Authorization to Release Information Forms notarized
  • Review all the information you have provided for accuracy 

Failure to provide all requested documents and a completed application will cause delays in the review and processing of your application packet.