- Pay range of $43,135 -$57,873, based on credible years of service *
- 5% Educational Incentive for officers holding Associate Degrees **
- 10% Educational Incentive for officers holding Bachelor Degrees **
- 5% Incentive for Secondary Language (Spanish, Vietnamese & Laotian ONLY) ***
In addition, the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department offers Transferrable Leave Benefit, based on credible years of service, including:
- 40-160 hours Vacation Time
- 40-160 hours Sick Time
* All pay and benefit considerations are subject to annual approval by Charlotte City Council and is subject to change based on budget restrictions.
** All Educational Incentive Pay is effective upon successful completion of the academy.
*** All secondary Language Incentive is effective upon successful completion of Patrol Training Officer (PTO) training and any applicable language proficiency testing.
Specific Qualifications for Lateral Entry:
- Minimum 2 years, full-time service, with current agency. Non-sworn, part-time and previous experience (outside of current agency) will not be considered.
- Non-qualifying experience, such as: federal law enforcement, corrections officer, probation officer, park ranger, security officer, detention officer, jailer, etc., as determined by the department, will not be considered.
In addition, there are other documents, specific to your current department, training and experience, that you will need in order to complete your application for the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department. The following links for currently certified law enforcement officers will give you the information you need to submit a completed application in a timely manner.
For information contact Inv. B Ashley-Crump.
Additional Documents Needed For ALL Applicants
Questions for ALL Lateral Entry Officers (Both North Carolina and Out of State)
Requirements for Out of State Certified Law Enforcement Officers ONLY
The City of Charlotte is an Equal Opportunity Employer.