CLT's Hourly Parking Deck is free for the first hour!
Traffic Advisory: Allow extra time to drive to and from the terminal. While adjusting to new traffic patterns drive more cautiously and follow directional signage. Click
here to view the Josh Birmingham Parkway Entrance Map.
Parking in the deck is free for the first hour and $1 for each additional 30 minutes, with a maximum daily rate of $20. Spaces in the Hourly Parking Deck are available on a first come, first served basis. Click here to view the real-time interactive parking map. Planning to park in the Hourly Deck for the first time? Click here to watch an introductory video.
Located in front of the terminal, there are 4,000 public parking spaces on levels 4-7. Levels 1-3 house the new Rental Car Facility.
Hourly Deck Fast Facts
- The Hourly Deck contains 7 levels and 7,000 parking spaces.
- Levels 4-7 include 4,000 public parking spaces. (Opened November 2014)
- Levels 1-3 house the rental car facility with 3,000 rental car spaces, check-in counters and a service area to wash and refuel the cars. (Opened April 2015)
- Rate: The first hour is free. After the first hour, the cost is $1 each additional 30 minutes, with a maximum daily rate of $20.
- Construction began in December 2011.
- Total cost was $120 million, funded with a combination of General Airport Revenue Bonds and Contract Facility Charge Bonds.
- The deck is 3.2 million square feet and covers 12 acres.
- It includes: 4 SmartPark Express Pay&Go stations, 9 electrical vehicle charging stations for 18 vehicles, 2 helixes (West and East), 3,000 induction fluorescent lights, a Distributed Antenna System (DAS) for cell phone coverage, restrooms on level 2 and animal relief areas outside the deck.
- The parking structure includes the use of sustainable building materials – glass, stainless steel and concrete.
- Archer Western Contractors, Ltd. was the general contractor.
Frequently Asked Questions about Hourly Parking:
Where is the Hourly Deck located?
The Hourly Deck is located in front of the terminal. You can access the deck from the main Airport entrance road. The Hourly and Daily Decks share the same entrance point off the main entrance road. Follow the signage and veer to the right to enter the Hourly Deck.
Can I park at the Hourly Deck to drop off or pick up a passenger?
Yes, the first hour is free, and the Hourly Deck is conveniently located in front of the terminal. Use the walkway from the Hourly Deck’s Level 2 elevator lobby to enter the terminal on the lower level (Arrivals/Baggage Claim), then take the elevator or escalator to the upper level (Departures/Ticketing).
For more information about parking at CLT:
- Click on the links to review Travel Tips and Parking FAQs.
- Use the real-time parking map: parking.charlotteairport.com. Click on a parking facility on the map to view current parking details and to get directions.
- Call 704-359-5555 for up-to-date parking conditions, tips and rates.