MecklenburgCountyNC.gov
News
How Do I ...
Online Services
Public Records
Departments
Conservation Home
Classroom Presentations
District Banquet
Education
Federal Programs
ISTF
Rain Barrel Sale
State Programs
Tree Seedling Sale
Urban Cost Share Program
About Us
How to Get Involved
Meeting Calendar for 2014
Board of Supervisors
Conservation Planning and Technical Assistance
Cost Share and Financial Assistance
Conservation
Conservation Education Competitions and Workshops
Outdoor Classroom Resources and Grants

State Agricultural Cost Share Programs


NC Agriculture Cost Share Program (ACSP)

The program provides resources to im provides resources to improve water quality by reducing the delivery of nutrients, sediment and pesticides.  Participating farmers and other agricultural producers receive up to 75% of average costs of installed best management practices (BMPs) with the remaining 25% paid by farmers directly or through in-kind contributions.  Installed practices must be maintained for a period of ten years.  For the 2014 fiscal year, the Mecklenburg Soil and Water Conseration District has been allocated $34,813.00; appropriations are made by the North Carolina Soil and Water Conservation Commission, based upon program performance and water quality protection priorities.

NC Agricultural Water Resources Assistance Program (AgWRAP)

The program provides assistance with the development of water resources for agricultural operations.  Currently, funding is available through a state wide pool for the construction of new ponds, pond repair and pond sediment removal.  Participating farmers and other agricultural producers receive up to 75% of average costs of installed best management practices (BMPs) with the remaining 25% paid by farmers directly or through in-kind contributions.  Cooperators must provide documentation of water need and agree to maintain the practice for a period of ten years for new pond construction and pond repair and one year for sediment removal.

To apply for Assistance

Applications are accepted year-round and reviewed monthly.  Please contact Leslie N. Vanden Herik by telephone or email Leslie.VandenHerik@MecklenburgCountyNC.gov for more information




Printed from:

on: