The Office of the Tax Collector
is a dynamic department that utilizes current technology, efficient work processes, and helpful associates to administer tax laws and provide outstanding customer service. Here are a few statistics about us:
- Our office consists of 54 employees
- We answer close to 750,000 inquiries each year
- On average, we process 4,200 payments per day
- We produce approximately 1,530,000 pieces of mail in a year
- Our office collects various taxes for all seven municipalities within Mecklenburg County
- The service hours for our main office located in the Robert L. "Bob" Walton Plaza at 700 E. Stonewall Street are from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
- The service hours for our Westside Service Center located at 4150 Wilkinson Blvd are from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
- The service hours for our Business Tax Collections Office located in the Hal Marshall Services Center at 700 N. Tryon Street are from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday
Property Tax Brochure
Our property tax brochure provides a wealth of critical information regarding real estate and personal property tax bills. This brochure offers an overview of the various tax rates levied within Mecklenburg County, information on how the money is spent, and other important tax information.
View and Print Tax Brochure
Should you have any additional questions, please contact:
Tax Support Services via email at
or DIAL 311.