Jail-Central and Jail-North Tours
General tours of Jail-Central and Jail-North are Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 am - 5:00 pm. Tours can be arranged for any group with members over the age of 13. Groups should be no larger than 40 people and no smaller than 10, though exceptions have been made.
The length of the tour varies depending on what the group desires to learn from the tour. Tour lengths range from 45 minutes to 2 hours and longer. Tour groups are introduced to the complete process from intake, magistrate, dress out, video arraignment and housing. In addition, tours of Jail-North include educational programs and youthful offenders programs.
General tours of Jail-Central can be arranged by calling (704) 353-0857.
General tours of Jail-North can be arranged by calling (704) 336-8164.
Anyone age 16 or older will need to have a valid state issued picture identification. School issued identification is acceptable for school age children.
- You must be dressed in acceptable attire.
- Females should not have on tight or revealing clothing
- Pants must be pulled up to the waist with no revealing of the underwear
- No clothing with offensive logos or pictures
- No large coats or jackets in the secure perimeter
- No Shorts or cut-offs
- No open-toed shoes
- Cell phones, pagers, ipods, cameras or any other type of audio/electronic devices will not be allowed
- No food, drinks, or snacks inside the secure perimeter
- No purses or book bags
- No weapons of any kind
- If you see anyone in custody that you are familiar with or acquainted with, you are not to talk to them
Court House Tours
The Mecklenburg County Sheriff's Office offers individuals and civic groups tours of the county's civil and criminal courthouses, generally between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. weekdays.
Annually thousands of individuals visit the court facilities in tours. To schedule your group for a visit, call 704-686-0269 and a staff member will help you arrange your tour.