Mecklenburg County Health Department
700 N. Tryon Street, Suite 208
Charlotte, NC 28202
Send an Email
(1) 50 feet from any private water supply source, including any well or spring under the control of the swimming pool owner;
(2) 100 feet from any private water supply source not under the control of the swimming pool owner;
(3) 15 feet from any septic tank system or area designated for repair as specified in 15A North Carolina Administrative Code 18A.1900 "Laws and Rules for Sanitary Sewage Collection, Treatment, and Disposal."
(1) A 44 inch minimum height (from the outside approach) is provided entirely around the swimming pool;
(2) The horizontal space between vertical members of the enclosure shall not exceed four inches;
(3) The height of any opening under the bottom of the enclosure shall not exceed four inches (10 cm);
(4) Openings under and through a fence or barrier with the gate(s) closed shall be sized so that a 4? inch diameter sphere cannot be passed through the opening.
(5) All gates and doors shall be equipped with self-closing and positive self-latching closure mechanisms and shall be capable of being locked.
(6) Self-closing, self-latching gates shall not be required for service gates which are kept locked except when being actively used when at least one separate gate meeting all the requirements of Section 7(b)(1) through Section 7(b)(5) are met.