Food & Nutrition Services
- Program Description: provides monetary assistance to households with limited income for the purchase of food.
- Application Form # DSS-8207
Simplified Nutritional Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Program Description: identifies and provides Food and Nutrition Services benefits to North Carolina residents who meet certain requirements such as to those age 65 or older who receive Supplemental Security Income.
- Application Form # DSS-6240
- Program Description: Medicaid is a health insurance program for low-income individuals and families who cannot afford health care costs. Medicaid serves low-income parents, children, seniors, and people with disabilities. Medicaid is a little different, depending on who you are and your situation.
- Application Form numbers
- Program Description: North Carolina's Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program, called Work First, parents can get short-term training and other services to help them become employed and self-sufficient. Most families have two years to move off Work First Family Assistance. All adults who are included in the assistance payment must have a Mutual Responsibility Plan of Action agreement that requires the individuals to work or participate in work-related activities. These adults must complete all of the requirements on their agreement each month before receiving Work First cash assistance
- Application: you must apply in person. Completing the work book before you come into apply might be helpful, but is not required.
General Notes About Applications:
WorkFirst applications are only available in person
You may choose to fill out and bring the below forms with you when applying for public assistance.
Online Pre-Assessment Screening
ePASS (Electronic Pre-Assessment Screening Service) is a quick and easy way for you to get information about benefits and services that may help you, such as:
- Food and Nutrition Services (formerly Food Stamps)
- Emergency Assistance
- Medicaid & North Carolina Health Choice (NCHC)
- Work First Cash Assistance
- Crisis Intervention Program (CIP)
- Simplified Nutritional Assistance Program (SNAP)
Visit the secure ePASS site now to check your potential eligibility.