Send an Email
What Is VA Disability Compensation ?
Disability Compensation is a benefit paid to a veteran because of injuries or diseases that happened while on active duty, or were made worse by active military service. It is also paid to certain veterans disabled from VA health care. The benefits are tax-free.
Who Is Eligible?
You may be eligible for Disability Compensation if you have a service-related disability and you were discharged under other than dishonorable conditions.
How Much Does VA Pay ?
The amount of basic benefit paid ranges from $112 to $2,393 per month, depending on how disabled you are.
Note: You may be paid additional amounts, in certain instances, if:
· You have very severe disabilities or loss of limb(s)
· You have a spouse, child(ren), or dependent parent(s)
· You have a seriously disabled spouse
How Can You Apply?
You can apply by filling out VA Form 21-526.pdf, Veterans Application for Compensation Or Pension and take it to the County Veterans Service Office. If you have any of the following material, attach it to your application:
· Record of discharge (DD 214 or WD AGO Form 53-55)
· Dependency records (marriage & children's birth certificates)
· Medical evidence (doctor & hospital reports)
Disability Compensation for Sexual or Personal Trauma
Service-Disabled Veterans Insurance (RH)