Mecklenburg County Homeless Services connects people who are homeless, or about to become homeless, to community resources and services. A social worker talks with the individual or family to understand their need. Together, they develop a plan to improve the situation and support continued success.
- Comprehensive assessment of service needs
- Short term case management services
- Service plan and key agency referral/ linkages
- Entry of client information into the Homeless Management Information System database
- Housing placement (temporary, transitional, or permanent)
- Connection to key community resources including job skills training, employment, substance abuse, and mental health services
Watch our video